Angola is coming quietly into an era when online shopping is becoming a favorite for many users. Thanks to services such as PayPal, where we can associate a VISA / Mastercard to an online account, other countries have managed to popularize this type of purchases immensely. The explanation is simple, they can easily have money available on the internet to buy apps, movies, music and other products.
How many people in Angola have a VISA card?
Well, there begins to make the situation difficult for companies that want to sell their products online. Most of them accept the customers' request and then process the payment with a TPA (Automatic Payment Terminal). What if there was a way to get past that barrier? What if people could send money online even without a VISA card?
The staff of the Angolan startup “Investments”Decided to solve this problem with an online payment service in Kwanzas that does not require the user to have a VISA card. The service is called “Kwanza Online”.
According to the official description, Kwanza Online works as follows:
The system processes your money deposited in the bank account and relates it to your Kwanza Online account. When made available, the user has the possibility to be able to make purchases online in e-commerce systems (virtual stores) that accept this type of payment, to send money to users who have an account hosted in the KO, all this using indicator of their e- mail address. (read more details here)
To date two projects already accept payments with the Kwanza Online service:
- Sendout , to send SMS to any operator in the world
- Online Balance, which will allow you to top up your mobile phone or ZAP subscription, NetOne from your computer
We did a test for Kwanza Online
- To get started, create your account at: https://www.kwanzaonline.co.ao/ , choose what type of account you want to create Staff ou Merchant (if you do not have an online store, choose the personal option)
- fill the form with your data and wait for confirmation via email
- Once your account is created, point the Kwanza Online bank account number where you will deposit the money you want online. To know the accounts of Kwanza Online, please click here, then choose the "How do I get my money online?"
- With payment made, digitize(scaneie) the proof and send
- You will receive an email to confirm that your account is loaded.
In the following articles we will show you how to shop online with your Kwanza Online account.
For now, create the account and if you have any questions, read the “How does Kwanza Online work?"