In recent times, the coronavirus (COVID-19) has shown itself to be resistant, where it has led some companies to change the way they work, despite this, the impact of the referred pandemic is already beginning to be felt in Angola, because us in a phase of social isolation.
In order to deal with this situation in the country, the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technologies, announces that, under the Provisional Presidential Legislative Decree, nº 1/20 of, 18th of March and in close articulation with the Public Service Operators and Providers and Private Sector, drew up the Sectorial Contingency Plan, with the purpose of guaranteeing the provision of minimum voice, messaging, Internet, postal and meteorological services to citizens and public and private entities.
As such, Operators will make available, as of March 27, a special monthly free package per subscriber.
What is included in this special free monthly package per subscriber?
- Call for Emergency Numbers (111, 112, 113, 116,119,145,146), for INADEC, for selected Hospitals and Health Centers;
- Forty-five (45) minutes of Voice calls (mobile) and sending 30 messages (SMS) to all networks;
- Voice service, within the fixed network of Angola Telecom, TV Cabo e MSTelcom;
- Uninterrupted availability of television channels TPA1 e TPA2 on Platforms ZAP e Multichoice;
- In relation to the Internet service, access to the Internet will be Electronic Public Services (SEPE), the Ministry of Health Portal and the Government Portals, as well as two hundred (200 MB) megabytes for Data.
Finally, the immediate suspension of public service and the presence in the communications regulator was also guaranteed (INACOM), Angola's Media Library Network, and bodies under the supervision of the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technologies.