A Intel announced on Tuesday (30), during the Computex, technology fair held in Taiwan, its new line of processor- Core i9 which has 18 cores and 36 threads.
The Core i9 processor will be the most powerful and the most expensive, however, there will be more affordable models. Among the new i9 line, where consumers will be able to choose versions with 12, 14 and 16 cores, the company calls it the first teraflop desktop PC processor in history.
Intel also introduced new processors Core i7, with 4 cores, 8 threads, however, at the top of the Core i7 is now the i7-6950X Extreme Edition with 10 cores and 20 threads. “With the launch of new processor lines, the battle between Intel and AMD continues and you have to wait and see who will come out on top in this dispute ”.
With Core i9, Intel has aggressively moved through the top-of-the-line segment. Now AMD will have to reveal the versions of 10, 12 and 14 cores of Threadripper, as well as their prices.
According to Intel, all new models are based on Skylake and will offer improvements over previous Broadwell-15% faster on single threaded applications and 10% on multithreaded tasks.
See below the prices of the new Core i9 and Core i7 processors announced by Intel:
- Core i9-7980XE: 18 cores / 36-threads, $ 2 thousand
- Core i9-7960X: 16 cores / 32-threads, $ 1,7 thousand
- Core i9-7940X: 14 cores / 28-threads, $ 1,4 thousand
- Core i9-7920X: 12 cores / 24-threads, $ 1,2 thousand
- Core i9-7900X (3.3GHz): 10 cores / 20-threads, $ 1 thousand
- Core i7 7820X (3.6GHZ), 8 cores / 16-threads, US $ 600
- Core i7-7800X (3.5GHz), 6 cores / 12-threads, US $ 390
- Core i7-7740X (4.3GHz), 4 cores / 8-threads, US $ 340