The Nokia Stand is usually full during the Mobile World Congress 2018, perhaps because of the curiosity of the visitors in reviewing classic phones of the Finnish company, now re-released by HMD Global, but they end up being "stuck" to looking at the company's new, consistent releases.
Nokia has taken advantage of the start of the show to show the smartphones that will carry the company's banner in 2018:
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 1
What do all these smartphones have in common? They bring pure Android. Yes, Nokia bets on the Google operating system without many customizations. You can see that performance is perhaps the best option. But let's emphasize, for now, the top of the range, the smartphone that has the name of an African desert storm (maybe it's a warning to the competition).
Nokia 8 Sirocco
The company's new top-of-the-range product was Nokia 8 Sirocco , has an interesting design, finished in unibody body (does not allow its components to be disconnected in any way), glass front and metal edges.
But, beauty is not everything, so Nokia added a rear camera with dual sensor 13 (wide) and 12 megapixels (telephoto). The front camera has 5 MP with wide-angle lens. The lenses are respectable: Zeiss with Pro Mode, giving the most professional photography users the possibility to take advantage of camera power.
- Processor: Snapdragon 835, eight-core with frequency that can reach 2,36 GHz
- 6 GB RAM memory
- Internal storage of 128 GB.
- Display: 5,5 inch pOLED with 2.560 x 1440 pixel resolution, Gorilla Corning Glass 5 technology (for scratch protection)
The differential features include a fingerprint reader and water resistance (IP67) certification. A curious fact, Nokia decided to follow Apple and removed the input to earpiece (3,5 mm), but using an adapter, the "problem" is resolved.
Summary of features:
- System: Android 8 Oreo (Android One)
- Screen: pOLED 5,5 '' (2.560 x 1440 resolution pixels)
- Processor: Snapdragon 835
- Memory RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Rear camera: dual with 13 MP and 12 MP
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 3.260 mAh (non-removable)
- Connectivity / features: 4G, Wi-Fi AC, Bluetooth 5.0, digital sensor, NFC, GPS / Glonass, USB-C
- Dimensions and weight: 140,93 x 72,97 x 7,5 mm
Price and Availability
HMD Global (which owns the Nokia brand) announced that the Smartphone will be sold from April, costs 749 euros, around 203.000,00 Kwanzas using the quote from commercial banks.