In December of 2017 the team of MenosFios had the chance to accompany the launch, in Mozambique, of a project to young entrepreneurs.
On April 25, the project was officially launched in Angola.
Project Orange Corners
Orange Corners is a platform for entrepreneurs to learn, stimulate their creativity, expand their business and their professional network. The objective is to contribute to the economic growth of Angola, creating an environment for local entrepreneurs to thrive. An initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and its partners to cultivate the local entrepreneurial ecosystem. Together, we will nurture innovative solutions to our shared challenges.
How will it work?
Orange Corners Angola is an incubation program for young people:
- Of the 18-35 years;
- Finalists and recent graduates (bachelors or masters);
- With a business project, or a business in its initial phase (less than 2 years of existence, it can be formalized or not);
- With Angolan nationality and / or residence in Luanda
Here is the full description of the project resources:
- Incubation program
- Practical Workshops
- Mentoring with experienced professionals and entrepreneurs
- Moments of Inspiration
- Masterclasses with experts
- Networking Events
- Business Coaching
- Exposure to markets and opportunities
- Flexible and dynamic workspace
- Bootcamps in partnership with Dutch universities and companies
In the incubator, young college students (finalists and recent graduates) may have access to mentoring, legal and financial advisory, marketing so they can get their ideas off the paper.
How does the program work?
It is a practical and experiential program. Whatever the entrepreneur learns, he will have to apply it to his own business idea. The program lasts one year. Training takes place every two weeks.
How is the selection made?
The Orange Corners Angola application has 4 phases:
- Applications: April 25 2018 - 27 July 2018
- Pre-selection: 30 July 2018 - 24 August 2018
- Individual interviews: August 27 2018 - 7 September 2018
- Final selection and Announcement of Application Results: September 10 2018 - 21 September 2018
The final selection is made by an Evaluation Committee composed of the partners of Orange Corners Angola.