O WhatsApp announced last Thursday (22) an update on its platform for devices Android e iPhones which allows you to silence conversations and groups forever.
This novelty, in fact, is not at all. It had already been discovered some time ago in the trial versions of WhatsApp, revealed that it would be about to arrive for everyone. That moment happened now and was duly announced on the WhatsApp page on Twitter.Now that it is in the stable version and ready to be used, it matters to know how it is possible to silence a WhatsApp group quickly. The reasons for this are many, but the main reason is to stop notifications of new messages in groups that are constantly active and with new messages.
Learn how to silence conversations and groups indefinitely by smartphone:
- Update Whatsapp on your phone and open the application;
- Join the conversation or group you want to silence;
- Touch the name of the person or group at the top of the application;
- Access the option "Mute notifications" (Android) or "Mute" (iPhone);
- Choose the option "Always" (Android) or "Indeterminate time" (iPhone).
When you click Ok, the option becomes active and all WhatsApp group notifications disappear permanently. Many users would prefer it to be just oppose 1 year, but the decision was this. To change this behavior, they must repeat the process in reverse.
Finally, one of the options that many users have been asking for some time has been launched. It is in the latest version released and as such can be used by everyone.
You can now mute a chat forever 🤫 pic.twitter.com/DlH7jAt6P8
- WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) October 23, 2020